Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Roman Numerals

Hey guys, Today I started to research and learn about Roman Numerals. I found this to be fun because I wanted to learn a new type of maths that I haven't seen before, Roman Numerals are basically Letters that represent numbers Like I = 1 V = 5. You may have actually heard of this before like kings, VIII wich actually means 8 because 5+1+1+1. I did a DLO showing what they mean and also I did some examples. But if you see anything wrong with them please comment and tell me. Blog You Later

3 comments:

  1. Ka pai Gammado. I remember getting well into Roman numerals when I was at school. I remember hearing about the Incas who didn't have any written numbers but tracked how much corn they had and other things by tying knots onto pieces of rope! Maybe you could set some maths questions using Roman numerals? Here's a question, if IV is 4, could you write 99 as IC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. No, you can write 99 as XCIX because it goes in units, tens, hundreds etc. and you only put ten (x) with a hundred (c) because 1 (I) is too far away from 100. I Hope You Understand

      Delete